Thursday, March 14, 2013

Solo Leg of the EU Tour


We enjoyed our time in Ticino very much! Below are pics of Roger, Brittan and I. Vineyards and lambs and a pic from the concert at Teatro di Banco. I have a whole bunch more to tell you...read on!



Photo courtesy of Roger Salem
Born yesterday! Still had the umbilical cord and really, really cute!





I have had a some very good wine here! Vineyards are everywhere. small and large





 It certainly was good practice driving a standard in the crazy stop and go traffic in the big city of Zurich. I don’t think the other drivers appreciated it. I accidentally drove on the train tracks and then jumped off when I realized I wasn’t on the street. Then I drove up a one way. The street signs look WAY different here!!! We found our hotel finally, which was really comfortable. There was a “farmy” stinkiness in the lobby unlike the cow pasture smell, which is prevalent here, and I don’t really mind. We deducted it was the smell of fondue from the restaurant, and the cheeses were making it that way. Cheese is no joke in Switzerland. The tap water is so tasty and clean where ever you go!

It was Brittan’s last day here, so we hit the ground running for some last minute shopping. It was fun to have a little down time/girl time. We managed to find some great bargains in some shops, and Britt got a cool pair of boots. I performed just steps away from our hotel in a tapas bar “Corazon”.
It was a busy bar, but people still made their way over to say “thank you” and buy a few cd’s. The managers were very nice as all have been this entire trip! I really like Zurich. It was my second time there. Very beautiful.

I dropped Brittan off at the airport, switched cars to an automatic and made my way to Chur, a nice little town. I drove on the sidewalk to get to the hotel. That felt wrong but the hotel said I could do it to unload. I felt like I had a huge sign stuck to my head that said “clueless tourist”. Luckily the venue was also within walking distance. “Kulterwerk” was a nice show. I was thankful for a warm welcome on my first evening alone on the tour.
view from my hotel skylight in Chur

From Chur I drove about 4 hours to Interlaken, a high elevation and the snow was falling down and the freezing winds were blowing. What a change from the early Spring I was feeling! I wish I could have enjoyed the scenery here more, but it was overcast. From what I can see of the lakes from the highway, they are a beautiful aqua blue. “Kunsthaus” is the place I performed at and it had a cool arts vibe. They were readying the upstairs space for a big modern installation. I had a small audience thank goodness, and I even got an interview and pics taken for a local paper. Sandro the manager took me to a nice dinner beforehand as well.
Kunsthaus and what looks like a giant bunny in progress


Interlaken. It was very cold. I bet it's spectacular in the summer!

I must admit I’m a bit lonely at the moment, typing and eating soup in the hotel restaurant. I’m growing in a lot of ways as a person and performer. Some of the harder stuff is making me see more clearly how much I care about my art, and how much heart I put into what I do. I feel blessed. I also feel a little crazy. Touring this far away feels just as much exhilarating as it is exhausting. I am going to Blonay next, a French speaking region.....

As soon as I got through some tunnels that burrow through the mountains, it was sunny and snowing. I was greeted by my hosts Patrick and Vivienne who brought me right into their home and plopped me into their hot tub. I knew I brought my bathing suit for a reason!! Unfortunately, my camera went "plop" into the hot tub as well. I hope she dries out. I managed to get pics off of the card but the screen is still blank. I guess i'll be taking pics with my phone until Paul meets me in two days. Boy will I be glad to see him! I am so tired i can't even tell you, but it has been worth it and I'm grateful for the experience!
Ahhh, Happy Kat


I was so glad the show here in Blonay went over well. People here are especially nice, ad it was good to see children at the show with their parents. I can't wait to go to sleep, and then wake up to the gorgeous views!

good night, bon soir

Katrin

2 comments:

  1. i am glad the solo part of your tour is going well!
    it was warm the first day i was back, but it is so cold here now. i am envious of that hot tub! happy traveling, only a couple more days until you meet up with paul!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Was the time zone adjustment easier going back? I had the night off last night and I really slept in this morning! glorious feeling!

    ReplyDelete