Sunday, March 10, 2013

More on the tour!!!

   I am so glad I have some reliable internet service and can post on my blog! A lot has happened with shows and more since my last post. After two days in France, the next stop was Zug, CH at Podium 41, right on the lake with the mountains in the distance. It was a quiet Tuesday night but people were very receptive to my music and I sold some cd's and made a good impression. Ute the owner said she'd have me back in the busier Summer time. Brittan and I enjoyed a little walk in Zug the next day and took some nice pics below..... then more about the tour, read on!







Baby Chinese Reindeer

I wish I could dive off of this dock in warmer weather!

There was an amazing exotic bird aviary with all kinds of colorful bird. Here is a handsome snowy owl.



Then off to Frick on the back roads. There is so much driving and go go go on this tour we have not had much time to stop and do anything except for a few pics, it's been a rush to get up and hit the road. Frick's Monti is a theater and restaurant in a small, farm-like town. It was a thrill to play for such an attentive audience, and a little unnerving! Brittan took some pics of me on stage. There were about 50 people there, and it was a really warm welcome and I got an encore. I tend to get big stage fright right before i start playing and then something kicks in and i'm able to pull it togther when I start singing. The thing is, I forget that almost every time!


The next day, we drove 5 hours to Tesserete, which is an Italian region in Switzerland. It's soooo beautiful there. Very Italian. I almost forgot we were still in Switzerland. I perfomed at Irish Pub Alpino the first night, and Teatro di Banco, a lovely little theater right down the winding mountain road where we were staying with Roger, my booking agent the next. It was a magickal night and all caught on camera and recording by Roger and his friend Jean! I look forward to sharing it when it comes out. An inspiring place to be in the mountains!
A walk in an old old village

catching a glimpse of a courtyard

Why can't MY rosemary get this big???

Gorgoeus sunset right out the window of the Teatro di Banco


View from Roger's kitchen window


I am now in Pratteln, and it's an industrial area. Not pretty. I am very tired! I have to get up some energy for my show tonight. Off to Zurich tomorrow and then Brittan flies home and then I'm on my own...Till soon.   xoxoxo Katrin

1 comment:

  1. Happy to see you there! Sounds like it has been a continuing whirlwind of wonderful things. Loved all photographs. Keep it up! Cheers to you!
    honeymoon in ireland

    ReplyDelete